Modification And Enforcement

Many clients require the services of an attorney post-judgment for the purpose of either modification or enforcement of their final judgment.

Enforcement Of Final Judgment

Enforcement options will depend upon what you seek to enforce. For example, if it is a property right, then you are limited to monetary judgment and/or civil remedies, whereas if the enforcement is for nonpayment of child support, alimony, or attorney fees and costs, then the option of pursuing contempt is available.

Modification Of Final Judgment

With regard to modification, the only possible options are modification of the parenting plan, modification of child support or modification of alimony (equitable distribution judgments and/or property settlements are nonmodifiable).

Within the scope of these areas, each cause of action is distinct. Contact our office to schedule a consultation with either Mr. Rechel or Ms. Todd.



Rechel & Associates is taking the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak seriously. Our staff and our clients’ health are important to us. As such, we are offering phone and video conference appointments and consultations for the convenience and safety of all.

We have increased our cleaning and sanitizing procedures and will continue to monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations and make modifications as needed to protect our clients and staff.